238 (FLL/CHASSSC supported)
- The computer provides a "dual monitor" setup. The main computer desktop appears on the computer monitor in the podium. The projector is the second monitor. When you open applications they will often automatically open in the second monitor (the projector). You can shrink down application windows and drag them from one monitor to the other, allowing you to control what the students see and do not see. Presentations are best made with the presenter standing to the side of the visualizer, with the mouse placed on the closed visualizer cover.
- See the user guide
for HA238 for additional information.
View the Instructional
Video on how to use the multimedia podium
- At the Novell login prompt use your
Social or Unity username and password.
IV computer, DVD/CD-ROM, ZIP
XP Operating System
Projector (remote is in the document camera cabinet)
player, Audio Cassette Player
Document Camera (User's Manual)
Office Suite 2000 (Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Player, Windows Media Player, iTunes
are unlocked by the first instructor of the day (8:05/8:30
AM) and locked by the last instructor (2:35
or 3:40). Evening instructors should both unlock
and lock the classrooms.
- You should
not find the doors unlocked prior to the start
each day (unless housekeeping let the students in).
- Both the new document camera and
the computer use the same cable to the projector/monitor.
If you have the computer turned on and then turn the document
camera on, the document camera signal will override the computer signal. To return
to the computer signal, turn the document camera off. (You
turn the document camera on and off by holding in the power
button for a second or two.)
the LCD projector on by pressing the POWER button on
on the INPUT button to select what you want to project:
Input 1 - Computer or Document Camera
Input 3 - VCR
on the AMPLIFIER, then turn the Master Volume up or down:
3 - Cassette Tape
4 - VCR
5 - Computer
from the computer: you must turn on the computer and make
sure that the audio is turned up on the computer
- If you
are having difficulty reading text on the monitor, make
sure that you are using a resolution of 800x600
(right-click on the desktop and PROPERTIES and SETTINGS)
and that you have deselected the WIDE option on the Plasma
- As always,
turn off all equipment after you are finished with it, and
before closing the podium
- 11/2008 - Removed doors on podium and replaced with steel straps
- 5/2008 - Serviced projector in HA238
- 8/2007- Serviced projector in HA238
- 8/2006 - Serviced projector in HA238
- 8/2005 - Serviced projector in HA238
- Began upgrade of document cameras
- 5/09/2005 - Serviced
the multimedia podia in HA238 and HA342, removed the NEC
scan converter, reconfigured the audio and video wiring scheme
- Serviced projector in HA238
- Serviced projector in HA238
- 8/25/2004 - Wiring re-routed in HA238
- 7/1/2004 - HA238/HA342 - Computers were
upgraded, and login simplified
- 6/18/03 - HA238 - I disabled the HA238 windows
account; everyone using the workstation will need to have an
account and login according to the instructions above. Contact
me if you need one.
- 4/10/03 - HA238 - Projector replaced; new
projector produces 4100 lumens; picture can now be seen with
- 4/1/03 - HA238 - The outside breaker had
tripped. Physical Operations reset the breaker
- 3/17/03 - HA238 - Both sides of the multimedia
cabinet have power via the outside power strip.
- 3/13/03 - HA238 - A new projector has been
ordered. The bulb should be fine and will almost definitely
last until it is replaced.
- 2/28/03 - HA238 - Some passwords expired,
preventing users from logging in using the HA238 windows login.
Follow the login instructions above
- 2/28/03 - HA342 - I have replaced the computer.
The new one has Windows 2000. Use your social account to login
to the network. HA342 is the username for the computer, w/o
- 2/24/03 - HA238 - There is no power to the
multimedia receptacles. Plug the cable inside the left compartment
into the power strip running from the left wall.
- 2/19/03 - HA238 - The computer cable that
connects the computer to the projector had been disconnected.
It is now reconnected.
- 2/10/03 - HA238 - The bulb I replaced at
the end of November appears to be on its way.
- 12/01/02 - HA238 - I replaced the bulb in
- VCR, visualizer, computer and audio are all working in HA238/HA342
- You can now see the screen with the
overhead lights on
25 November, 2008