Setup for audio recordings
Follow the instructions below to use the open source product Audacity
to make audio recordings ...
- Download and install the open source
software Audacity according to the instructions on that page.
- Start Audacity and make your recording, clicking on the
RED CIRCLE to record and the YELLOW SQUARE to stop your recording,
GREEN DIAMOND to play, etc.
- To save your recording as an MP3, click on FILE and EXPORT
- If your recording contains too much "noise" or is too quiet, view this video for helpful suggestions.
- If your recording file size is too large, reduce the quality setting. You can also view this video for additional suggestions on settings to adjust before making your recording.