Seonghee (Sophia) Cho
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 919-513-4072
- Address: Poe Hall 732C, Box 7650
Raleigh, NC 27695
Dr. Seonghee (Sophia) Cho, Assistant Professor, joined the faculty in Fall 2017. She received her B.A. in Psychology from the Sogang University, Korea (2011), and her M.A. and Ph.D. in Industrial and Organizational Psychology from the University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign (2016). Prior to coming to NCSU, Dr. Cho served as a postdoctoral research associate at the National Center for Professional & Research Ethics in Illinois and took part in leadership training for the faculty administrators at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
Teaching and Research Interests
Dr. Seonghee (Sophia) Cho’s research program focuses on the topics in psychological measurement and occupational health psychology (OHP). In the measurement, she is particularly interested in investigating the psychometric properties of complex constructs (e.g., emotional intelligence) and multidimensional test formats. In the OHP area, she examines the mechanism of employee health, safety, and well-being. Specific topics in her past studies include work-family demands, leisure, sleep, and recovery. More recent projects aim to understand the roles of personal/contextual resources in the recovery process and to provide effective recovery strategies at the individual level as well as corporate level.
- Ph.D. in Industrial and Organizational Psychology from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2016
- M.A. in Industrial and Organizational Psychology from University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2013
- B.A. in Psychology from Sogang University, 2011
- PSY 230 - 002Introduction to Psychological Research08:30 - 09:45 T H201 Park Shops
- PSY 370 - 001Personality10:15 - 11:30 M W218 Poe Hall
- PSY 499 - 010Individual Study in PsychologyTBA