Dr Moses Khisa
- Website: http://www.moseskhisa.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 919-515-4468
New Article in Third World Quarterly
Assistant Professor of Political Science in the School of Public and International Affairs at North Carolina State University with a joint appointment in Africana Studies. Also, a research associate with the Centre for Basic Research in Kampala and Interim Secretary of Society for Justice and National Unity, a think-tank based in Kampala. In addition, I write two weekly opinion columns for The Observer and Daily Monitor, Kampala (www.observer.ug and www.monitor.co.ug).
Teaching and Research Interests
Comparative political development and international political economy with a focus on contemporary Africa.
Political settlements and the politics of revenue state capacity in Africa.
The changing nature of civil-military relations in Africa.
The politics of institutional transformation in Africa.
“Beyond Legal Reforms in Understanding Opposition Performance in Uganda” (co-authored book chapter in Controlling Consent edited by Oloka-Onyango and Josephine Ahikire, 2016).
“Managing Elite Defection in Uganda,” Journal of Eastern African Studies (2016)
“Political Uncertainty and Service Delivery in Uganda” Africa Development (2015).
"The Making of the Informal State in Uganda," African Development (2013).
- PhD in Political Science from Northwestern University, 2016
- MA in Political Science from Northwestern University, 2013
- Pre-Doc/MPhil in Social Sciences from Centre for Studies in Social Sciences Calcutta, India, 2009
- MA in Human Rights from Makerere University, Kampala, 2007
- BA in Social Sciences (Political Science major) from Makerere University, Kampala, 2005
- AFS 342 - 001Introduction to the African Diaspora11:45 - 01:00 M W111 1911 Bldg
- PS 598 - 003Special Topics In Political Science06:00 - 08:45 M212 Caldwell Hall