Dr Moses Khisa
- Website: www.moseskhisa.com
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 919-515-4468
Assistant Professor of Political Science in the School of Public and International Affairs at North Carolina State University with a joint appointment in the department of Inter-Disciplinary Studies (Africana Studies). Also, a research associate with the Centre for Basic Research in Kampala and Interim Secretary of Society for Justice and National Unity, a think-tank based in Kampala. In addition, I write a weekly opinion column for The Observer newspaper, Kampala (www.observer.ug).
Teaching and Research Interests
Comparative political development and international political economy with a focus on contemporary Africa.
Political settlements and the politics of revenue state capacity in Africa.
The changing nature of civil-military relations in Africa.
The politics of institutional transformation in Africa.
“Beyond Legal Reforms in Understanding Opposition Performance in Uganda” (co-authored book chapter in Controlling Consent edited by Oloka-Onyango and Josephine Ahikire, 2016).
“Managing Elite Defection in Uganda,” Journal of Eastern African Studies (2016)
“Political Uncertainty and Service Delivery in Uganda” Africa Development (2015).
"The Making of the Informal State in Uganda," African Development (2013).
- PhD in Political Science from Northwestern University, 2016
- MA in Political Science from Northwestern University, 2013
- Pre-Doc/MPhil in Social Sciences from Centre for Studies in Social Sciences Calcutta, India, 2009
- MA in Human Rights from Makerere University, Kampala, 2007
- BA in Social Sciences (Political Science major) from Makerere University, Kampala, 2005
- Wed: 2:00-4pm
- AFS 342 - 001Introduction to the African Diaspora11:45 - 01:00 M W0G118 Tompkins Hall
- PS 231 - 003Introduction to International Relations01:30 - 02:45 M W200 Cox Hall