Dr Moses Khisa
BiographyAssistant Professor of Political Science in the School of Public and International Affairs at North Carolina State University with a joint appointment in Africana Studies. Also, a research associate with the Centre for Basic Research in Kampala and Interim Secretary of Society for Justice and National Unity, a think-tank based in Kampala. In addition, I write a weekly opinion column for Daily Monitor, Kampala (www.monitor.co.ug).
Teaching and Research InterestsComparative Politics and International Political Economy with a focus on Africa.
Political settlements and the politics of revenue state capacity in Africa.
The changing nature of civil-military relations in Africa.
The politics of institutional transformation in Africa.
- Whose Africa is Rising, in Review of African Political Economy (June 2019).-
Shrinking Democratic Space? Crisis of Consensus and Contentious Politics in Uganda, in Journal of Commonwealth and Comparative Politics (June 2019).
- Politics of Exclusion and Institutional Transformation in Ethiopia, in Third World Quarterly (Feb 2019).
- PhD in Political Science from Northwestern University, 2016
- MA in Political Science from Northwestern University, 2013
- Pre-Doc/MPhil in Social Sciences from Centre for Studies in Social Sciences Calcutta, India, 2009
- MA in Human Rights from Makerere University, Kampala, 2007
- BA in Social Sciences (Political Science major) from Makerere University, Kampala, 2005
- AFS 342 - 001Introduction to the African Diaspora11:45 - 01:00 M W2203 SAS Hall
- PS 544 - 001Contemporary African Politics06:00 - 08:45 M325 Riddick Hall