Dr Heidi H Hobbs
Dr. Heidi H. Hobbs is currently the Director of the Master of International Studies Program in the School of Public and International Affairs, and Associate Professor of Political Science at North Carolina State University. Professor Hobbs has a B.A. (Magna Cum Laude) and M.A. in Political Science from the University of Georgia, as well as a graduate Certificate in Global Policy Studies from UGA. Her Ph.D. is in International Relations from the University of Southern California.
Her books include City Hall Goes Abroad: The Foreign Policy of Local Politics from Sage, 1994 and Pondering Postinternationalism: A Paradigm for the 21st Century, from SUNY Press, 2000. She has also authored other articles, contributed book chapters to other publications and made numerous presentations. She most recent publication is a textbook with Harry I. Chernotsky entitled, Crossing Borders: International Studies for the 21st Century,3rd. edition. CQ Press, 2016.
She has previously served as a Fulbright Specialist at the University of Economics in Bratislava, Slovak Republic in 2016, as a Fulbright Scholar to the University of Economics in Prague, Czech Republic in 2017 and most recently as Interim Director of NC State's European Center in Prague 2018-2019.
- Ph.D. in International Relations from University of Southern California, 1988
- M.A. in Political Science from University of Georgia, 1981
- B.A. in Political Science from University of Georgia, 1978
- Mon: 1:00-3:00
- MIS 601 - 001Colloquium in International Studies06:00 - 08:45 W0G115 Tompkins Hall
- MIS 630 - 001Independent StudyTBA
- MIS 688 - 001Non-Thesis Masters Continuous Registration - Half Time RegistrationTBA