Each author and each coauthor must fill out and return both of the following two forms. The forms should be emailed in pdf format to David Garson at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "SSCR" in the subject line to avoid the spam filter! Mail follow-up of the originals is appreciated. Completing and returning these forms does not constitute acceptance but does greatly expedite your manuscript upon favorable decision.
- Author Copyright Permission Form. For multi-author papers, the lead author may sign for all authors. The signed form should be sent in pdf format to email@example.com. Warning: Open with Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat. Some browsers use other default pdf viewers which may not allow you to fill in fields and save the form.
- Author Information Form. For multi-author papers, all authors must submit separate individual forms, sent in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Warning: Open with Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat. Some browsers use other default pdf viewers which may not allow you to fill in fields and save the form.
The Social Science Computer Review requires electronic submission of manuscripts in Word .doc format, sent to the editor at email@example.com. Please put the term "SSCR" in your Subject: line.
- Quick Reference Sheet. A one-page synopsis of requirements for article submissions.
- Journal Editor's Guide, 2013. Contains complete information on the Sage journal production process, including author forms and guidelines for references, art, and other matters. The part most pertinent to authors is toward the end of this comprehensive .pdf document.
The key elements of our format:
- Order: Title, author(s), institutional affiliation (NOT full address), abstract, keyword list, body, biosketches, citations, endnotes, figures and tables w/ captions
- Double space everything except the figures and tables
- Abstract followed by keyword list
- Bioskech of 1-3 sentences w/ email contact for each author and coauthor, following body
- No footnotes
- Endnotes only for comments
- APA author-date citations
- All figures and tables on separate pages with captions at end.
- If available, also include figures in graphci format (ex., eps, jpg)
- For figures and tables, have call-outs in text (Table 1 about here)
- Be sure there is at least one figure or table reference in the text (As Table 1 shows, ...)
- Label files by author name: smith.doc, smith_fig1.jpg