Dr Devin Anthony Orgeron
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 919-515-0262
Associate Professor, English
Office: 226 Tompkins; 515-0262
Professor Devin Orgeron teaches courses in Film Theory, Film History Since 1940, The New American Director, International Film and Realism, Documentary, and The French New Wave. He also teaches a range of director-focused courses covering filmmakers such as Alfred Hitchcock, François Truffaut, Howard Hawks, and the Coen Brothers. Dr. Orgeron researches and writes about cinema and mechanical mobility; cinematic masculinity; contemporary American cinema; film authorship; realism; advertising and commercial images; educational films; and postmodernity. He also collects, shows, and writes about home movies form the 1940s-1960s.
Dr. Orgeron is the author of Road Movies: From Muybridge and Melies to Lynch and Kiarostami (2007). His articles have appeared in Cinema Journal, The Velvet Light Trap, The Moving Image, The Journal of Film and Video, CineAction,College Literature, Post Script, and Film Quarterly.
- Wed: 5:00-6:00
- CRD 890 - 027Doctoral Preliminary ExamTBA
- CRD 893 - 024Doctoral Supervised ResearchTBA
- CRD 895 - 024Doctoral Dissertation ResearchTBA
- ENG 292 - 001Writing About Film10:40 - 12:30 M W0G107 Caldwell Hall
- ENG 492 - 002Special Topics in Film Styles and Genres06:00 - 09:40 H0G107 Caldwell Hall
- ENG 592 - 001Special Topics in Film Styles and Genres06:00 - 09:40 H0G107 Caldwell Hall
- IDS 496 - 002Topics in Film and Interdisciplinary Studies06:00 - 09:40 H0G107 Caldwell Hall