Dr Cheryl J Block
Teaching Assistant Professor
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 919-515-3297
Teaching and Research Interests
I have two primary interests in teaching: content-based classes and literature. The university as part of the larger community is what led to my desire to work with the first. I designed two Spanish classes: Spanish for Health Professions and Spanish for Social Work as a result. My colleague, Ana Gray, and I converted the Spanish for Health Professions course to an on-line course in 2013.
Regarding my interest in literature, my specialization in the doctoral program was Jewish Literature in Medieval Spain. This is an area that continues to fascinate me.
I am currently working on an article on the importance and the background of content-based Spanish courses.
El Mundo Hispano y la Salud. Block, Chery, Gray, Ana, Willoughby, Patricia. NCSU Campus Enterprises. 2013.
Other publications are poetry in English, Spanish and French.
"An Invitation to Medical Spanish", FLANC Conference, Winston Salem, N.C. October 2014
- Tue: 9:00-11:00
- Thu: 9:00-11:00
- FLS 201 - 004Intermediate Spanish I09:35 - 10:25 M W FOnline Delivery
- FLS 201 - 008Intermediate Spanish I10:40 - 11:30 M W FOnline Delivery
- FLS 201 - 014Intermediate Spanish I12:50 - 01:40 M W FOnline Delivery
- FLS 201 - 603Intermediate Spanish IOnline Class
- FLS 202 - 006Intermediate Spanish II03:00 - 04:15 M WOnline Delivery